Choosing us is your best decision
Local climate action planning
Helping local authorities, private and public sector, and not-for-profit organizations deliver robust and measurable carbon reduction strategies.
There is a global movement of local authorities declaring climate emergencies. Declarations have been made in over 20 countries by local authorities representing around 290 million people. The challenge, however, is turning these declarations into credible and robust action and implementation plans.
We have been your sustainability partner since 2007, and drawing on our experience working with public sector organizations, and we can help your organization move forward with delivery.
How can we help?
We can work with you across many areas, including:
- Scoping assessments and footprinting
- Setting robust science-based, net-zero, and carbon-neutral targets
- Development of carbon reduction pathways and quantifying the associated environmental, social, and economic impacts
- Designing effective governance structures and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies
- Action planning to accelerate the implementation of climate strategies through detailed business case development, project management, procurement support, and monitoring
- Understanding climate change adaptation and resilience
We can identify the essential steps to develop and deliver viable, credible carbon reduction strategies by working collaboratively with your organization. We have supported public sector organizations to shape their approach to climate action planning and provide positive outcomes for their communities.
We also help cities and regions to raise their ambition on climate action, set evidence-based targets, and implement net-zero action plans.
We support public sector organizations tackling the following areas, which we know can be particularly challenging when seeking to achieve net-zero ambitions:
Net-zero climate action plans
Our framework for developing net-zero climate strategies and action plans with public bodies has supported the development of net-zero climate strategies and action plans with local authorities and the wider public sector across our clients internationally.
The framework encompasses vital elements for creating a critical path to net-zero, including:
- Initial scoping and definition of aims/vision
- Footprinting and establishing an emissions baseline
- Science-based target setting and scenario modeling to develop pathways to achieving targets
- Action plan development and implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation to map progress